Your participation in an exam is only valid if you have an exam card.
You can print your exam card via KULoket (Education & Students – Individueel examenrooster (IER)).
Please print your exam card well before the start of the exam period and check if it is correct and complete.
In case any problems would occur, please visit the Student Administrative Services Centre.
Please take the opening hours of the Student Administrative Services Centre into consideration!
Below, you will find an answer to the following questions:
- Why an exam card?
- What will be checked by the use of an exam card?
- What is mentioned on the exam card?
- How to use your exam card?
- What to do in case you did not bring your exam card to an exam?
- What will happen if you took part in an exam that is not listed on your exam card?
The Exam Regulations stipulate a number of requirements that need to be met in order to be allowed to participate in an exam. In order to participate in an exam, you need to
- be registered for the concerning course unit.
- have paid your tuition fee.
- have your identity and participation in the exam checked (student card/exam card).
The Exam Regulations also argue that an exam result is void if you would participate in an exam even though you did not meet the abovementioned requirements.
Lastly, the Exam Regulations state that if you are able to provide proof of participation in an exam, you are entitled to an exam result.
The monitoring is twofold:
- In advance: are you allowed to take part in a certain exam?
- After the exam: did you take part in the exam?
The exam card of a certain exam period provides an overview of the results expected for you in this exam period. In this overview, your personal situation is taken into account:
- Exemptions granted and course part transfers are not mentioned
- (Parts of) course units that do not allow a resit will only be mentioned in the exam period of the first exam chance.
- An exam, for which an exam change was granted, is only mentioned in the exam period to which the exam moment was transferred.
- Before the start of every exam period, you print your exam card via KULoket > Individual Exam Schedule. If your exam card is incorrect/incomplete or if you are not able to print your exam card, please contact the Student Administrative Services Centre of your campus well before the start of your exam.
- You need to bring your exam card to each exam:
- Written exam: you place your exam card at the corner of your desk. If possible, the lecturer or supervisor present verifies whether the exam concerned is listed on your exam card before the start of the exam.
- Oral exam: you provide your exam card to the examiner before the start of the exam.
- The examiner or supervisor signs the exam card:
- Written exam: upon handing in your exam paper;
- Oral exam: after completing the exam.
- You need to keep your exam card at least until all results of the exam period concerned are communicated.
- you present yourself at the exam without your exam card?
- you are not lawfully registered for the degree programme;
- you have not paid the tuition fees (completely) and are not allowed to take part in the exams;
- you forgot your exam card.
- you present yourself at the exam with an exam card on which the (part of the) course unit concerned is not mentioned?
- you are not lawfully registered for the course unit;
- you have a (partial) exemption, course part transfer, exam change, exam deferral… for (a part of) the course unit;
- you have not correctly completed the juridical procedure to renounce a course part transfer or to pass a degree programme without tolerable failures.
the examiner will send you the Student Administrative Services Centre before the exam starts.
If the issue was only noticed after you have started the exam, you can continue the exam. Immediately after handing in your exam paper you need to contact the Student Administrative Services Centre, where will be investigated whether the lecturer may correct the exam or if the exam is void.